So that is that for the first round of the Big Saints Summer Quiz!
Some very impressive entries and some clear lack of googling (and knowledge) on show! Very impressed.
The answers were:-
- Who was the manager when Dave Beasant joined the club and who was when he left? (2 pts) Ian Branfoot & Graeme Souness
- Who scored the consolation goal for Swindon Town in the 5-1 victory in 1993? (1 pt) Craig ‘The Dell’ Maskell
- Name 2 of the 3 Saints subs in the 6-3 win over Manchester Utd? (2 pts) The three subs were Graham Potter, Jim Magilton & Gordon Watson
- Name all of the shirt sponsors of the 90’s in correct order. (Up to 5 pts) Draper/Draper Tools, Dimplex, Sanderson, Friends Provident. 1 point for each and a bonus for the correct order.
- Who scored more Premier League goals for Saints? Paul Tisdale or Stuart Ripley? (1 pt) Neither. They both scored 1.
- Which 90’s manager took charge of the most games? (1 pt) Ian Branfoot
- Only one Saints player kicked a ball at a World Cup finals in the 90’s. Who? (1 pt) Egil Ostenstad. He was a late sub for Norway in their draw with Scotland in the group stages of France 98.
- Who did Saints sign Patrick Colleter from in 1998? (1 pt) Marseille
- Who was the player of the season in 1992/93? (1 pt) Tim Flowers
- How old was Peter Reid on his Saints debut? (1 pt) 37
So, there was a total of 16 points to be achieved, here is the first leader board:-